Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Some stuff...

Well, here I am, still at home. And, you know what? It hasn't been too bad. Really. It's actually been, well, pretty relaxing, as I suppose a vacation should be. I've been getting a lot of reading done, and a lot of, well, quiet times. Yeah, it hasn't been too bad.
----------------
One of the many books I'm working through right now is C.S. Lewis's The Weight of Glory. It's a collection of essays, and, let me say this: these essays are awesome. For instance, the first one, called The Weight of Glory, has Lewis venturing into and exploring Christian Hedonism. In fact, Piper quotes the first paragraph of this essay in the first chapter of DG. In the next essay, titled Learning in Wartime, Lewis discusses a lot of the things I have been thinking about concerning school. I would go into more detail, but... to be quite honest, I'm still thinking a lot about it myself, having just finished reading it a little while ago. I'm sure the rest of the book will be as high-quality as what I have read so far.
---------------
Let's see if I can name all the books that I have begun reading through since my last final, and which I haven't finished yet:
The Weight of Glory, by CS Lewis
Black, by Ted Dekker (part of the Circle Trilogy)
Every Young Woman's Battle, By Shannon Etheridge and Steven Arterburn
Christ Plays in Ten Thousand Places, by Eugene Peterson
Jesus Freaks, by DC Talk
...
I'm sure there's more, but i can't think of any more off the top of my head.
Hmm, and, as far as I can remember, the only book that I have started since my last final that I have finished reading through is Every Woman's Battle, by Shannon Etheridge and Steven Arterburn.
---------------
Lordwilling, I will be going out to CityMinistries this Friday. I'm really looking forward to that. Please pray for me, that God would be using me to show His love to the people of SF. Also, please pray that I would serve God faithfully and not have my expectations too high to be disappointed.

As Les said last time, "Participate, don't anticipate." :) heheh
---------------
So, I just want this to be known right now:
Hillsdale mall > Serramonte.
Really. Serramonte has become uninteresting and perhaps even annoying, while Hillsdale is cool. For instance, 1) It has a Lego Store, 2) It is in walking distance of both B&N and Borders, and 3) It has a Crate & Barrel store.
Again, Hillsdale > Serramonte.
---------------
Hmm, what else...

Oh, I've had some interesting thoughts and realizations concerning attraction, love, and whatnot, but... I don't feel like typing them out. Sorry, If you wanna know, you're gonna have to ask me.
---------------
Oooh oooh! Important news:
Debian Sarge is almost here!!!
If you know what that means, then you know why its important.
---------------
Some thoughts on the purpose of school, as a result of a conversation I had with my parents. Maybe I will write that up later.
---------------
Ok, I think I'm running dry of things to write on, or at least either my memory or ability to express ideas is on Screensaver mode right now, so I'll write more later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home