Thursday, August 04, 2005

Some sorta happy thoughts...

(read the previous post before this one)

In the previous post, I wrote about how I have a hard time finding a reason to be happy. Well, I was sitting and thinking about it, and i realized something:

I can't lose.

I mean, here is the specific case I was thinking about: I would like to have a wife, and a family, etc. Let's focus on the wife part of that for now.

Either God will give me a wife before I die, or I will be dead (which is gain, for then I will be in heaven with God).

Now, this applies to everything else too, but I happened to be thinking about this one at the time.
This thought hit me a few minutes ago, and I was stunned. Even though this line of thinking may be kinda depressing to some people, this is great news for me. Either way it turns out, I will be happy.

So, I am guaranteed that I will be happy in the future.

Well, I guess a few problems still remain:
1) What do I do to be happy in the meantime, before my desires are fulfilled or my death? Life may still be long, difficult, and painful until then, so what do I do until then?
2) God can still take things away that I like and which make me happy. What can I do in that case?
3) Is there any way for me to speed this all up, that I may attain what I want or die quicker?

Now, I realize that these things may be pretty clear to some people, but I am stubborn and like things fully explained, so I will continue to try and figure this stuff all out... pray for me please.

(As I look at the problem, I'm pretty sure (1) will find some answer in Hebrews 11-12, and (2) in Job, and I know the general answers sorta, but I need to know the answer to the level where I grok the answer. We'll see how that goes.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home