Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Concerning Orthodoxy...

You know, part of me would really like to believe in Eastern Orthodox Christianity. It just seems like they have answers to so many of the questions I have, questions that lead me to being overly philosophical, or to frustration, or to whatever else.

But, even still, I am not sure if they are right... There are some things that I need to know more about, both concerning Protestantism and Orthodoxy

Also, a smaller part of me looks to Lutheranism...

And, as I think about it, I think the biggest thing that would keep me from going away from Protestantism is the fact that I am pretty comfortable where I am now. I mean, I know how it all works. I have a bunch of friends and all that in the church and fellowship I am in. To leave would mean that I would have to make all new friends, to learn how everything works all over again.

...

You know, what I really wish I could have right now is someone who knows me really well and who is informed concerning Protestant doctrine and theology. (If I could find someone who knows Orthodox doctrine too, even better!) Unfortunately, all the people who would fit into that category are either not talking to me, or are not in Berkeley right now, or not in America right now.

...

God, I would really like some answers right now. But, even if I don't find answers to the questions and the problems I see, I pray that you would guide my decisions and my path, that I might glorify you in everything. Lord, i need your strength, and discernment from you. Please.

In Jesus' Name, AMEN.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Karl said...

I'd be happy to chat with you via email....

The best thing you could do is start attending an Orthodox parish, get in touch with a local priest, and begin to expereince (even in a small way) the Orthodox way of life.

Orthodoxy is hard to fully understand without living it out.

My prayers are with you. I became Orthodox when I was 21 and it was quite the journey....

7/28/2005 8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home