Sunday, July 24, 2005

Quick thoughts

I was thinking, in the few minutes since I wrote the short previous entry, about something I have said before.

In the previous entry, I mentioned how the love between parent and child helps the parent learn to be more selfless. I suupse that means that the love of the parent towards the child gives the life of the parent meaning and purpose.

Now, I think I mentioned in a previous post that I think that my life would have meaning if I had a kid. I would live to help the child grow in his love for God and for others.

Now, I mut ask myself: should it not be the case that my life has purpose now, in that I should live to help all those with whom I come in contact to love God and others. Should I not strive to help my friends grow, my brothers grow, my parents grow, my pastor grow, etc?

But, to be real honest, I look at that, and I'm not sure if I am capable of that. In my weakness, I will fail someone sometime. I just pray that, in that time, God would continue to give me grace for Jesus' sake.

But, I need to consider this more. But, more than that, I need God to come and guide me as I live my life.

God, please guide me. Help me to live my lofe in love for others so that they might come to love you more. Please glorify yourself through me. In Jesus' Name, Amen

----------------------

Another quick thought:

I realize that, sometimes, I get caught up over sin in my life for the wrong reasons. I mean, at times, I see the sin as being dishonoring to God, but I see it as being dishonoring primarily because it makes those ppl around me think bad about God and Christians.

Now, this is true, but I believe I must come to see sin as being dishonoring to God primarily because it goes against His will. See, the problem is that I now sometimes place the weight of the wrongness of sin on others, while I need to focus on how they are wrong because of who God is.

God, help me change, for Jesus' sake. Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home