Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Ok, some problems...

I've been thinking about the "solution" I discovered the other day.

In case you didn't read it, my question is, "Why should Christians continue to live their lives, as opposed to just ending life and being with God in Heaven?"

And the answer I came up with was "Because True Christians are those who persevere until the end. Those who do not persevere in this life will not be saved. And, to just kill one's self is to stop having hope in God, to stop persevering."

But, here are some more thoughts and problems:
- Ok, I still think life is filled with misery and pain and suffering. And, now all I know is that i need to suffer and have pain and be miserable through this life, or else I will go to hell.
- Hmm, I said that to commit suicide reveals a lack of faith in God, and thus one who commits suicide will not be saved. But, couldn't this be said of any other sin? Couldn't coveting, lust, hatred (as murder), and all that also be looked at in the same way? I'm not saying that one could lose one's salvation because of some sin. Instead, every sin can reveal that one lacks faith, and thus that one is not a Christian.

I am beginning to see why Catholic folks have the entire confession of sins as so very important.

Hmm, and whatever happened to grace? Was I right about misunderstanding grace? (See here.)

Man, more and more questions.

God, please help me. I want to be in heaven with you, but I am so very confused.
In Jesus' Name,
Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home