Friday, August 19, 2005

On Vacation

Well, my family is on vacation for this entire week. It's been pretty interesting, although long car trips can get quite boring and tiring.

We have gone to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons (both of which are in Wyoming), and I am currently sitting in a hotel room in Salt Lake City, Utah, only blocks away from all the Mormon buildings.

During the long drives, I have been reading, knitting, and watching movies, and I have been really getting into the word and praying about a lot of things that have been on my mind.

Some things that have been on my mind:

- I keep realizing and re-realizing that perfect happiness cannot be found in this life , but rather only in the next. This is both sad and encouraging, although, for me, it just seems more sad.
- What is the purpose of this life, here in this body? To be prepared for heaven, through discipline from God through suffering. And to serve him, and carry out his will.
- I was reading through "The Slumber of Christianity", by Ted Dekker, and a lot of the stuff he says really relates to the stuff I have been going through, especially recently. He talks about how Christians should put their focus on hope for heaven. And, really, I try to do that. I really try. But, what I have a hard time doing is being happy here in this life.
- How are works important in salvation? (see Jam. 2)
- the importance of chastity in a single Christian's life
- the value of composting organic "waste"
- the truths of some Eastern Orthodox beliefs
- How much friends and relationships affect my thoughts, mood, and actions
- How much I love my family
- How my family can be really annoying and stupid
- How God's glory is revealed in the beauty in His creation

------------------------

Oh, I was just looking through some of the xanga subscriptions I have. Congratulations to Jo and Ben on their engagement. May God bless the future of your relationship, and may he build up the love between you two as he continues to build up your loves for Him. And always remeber to thank God for the joy and happiness he blesses you with in this life here and now, but never forget that the great fulfillment of our happiness and joy lies ahead in eternity in heaven. I have so much more I would like to say, but I don't know if I am able to put it all into words, so let me just be succinct:

May God continue to show all his people grace and mercy, and may we always be grateful in thought and action.

------------------------

Dear God, you do bless me with grace and mercy. You give me what I need to live, what I need to serve you, and so much more. But, God, as always, I pray that you will speed the fulfillment of my hope, as you bring us into your presence, either by coming quickly, or by granting me to leave this life of the shadows of joy and allowing me to enter into the next stage of life, in eternity in heaven with you, where there will be no more pain, sadness, or sorrow, and where we will live in complete happiness and in complete fulfillment of our hope and our purpose, as we worship you. God, you have been so good to me, and have blessed me with so many things to enjoy, not just in these past few days on vacation, but all throughout my life. But, God, while I am thankful for these things, I am tired of this life of pain, sadness, sorrow, and misery, and I long to be with you. But, Lord, continue to work in my life and through my situation, as you put me through suffering and pain and sorrow in order that I might develop discipline, leading to character, which leads to hope. Continue to build that hope for the prize of this race, the joy that lies before me in heaven.

I am tired, God, but I will try to continue on, in order that I may take hold of that for which you have taken hold of me. Help me to not stumble or fall as I press on.

Free me from the monotony, sadness, suffering, and misery of this life, and grant me your peace, joy, and happiness.

Use me, and make me pleasing to you, as I try to find and live out your purpose for me here in this life.

I am tired, Lord, but in Hope I trust that you will be worth it all. Again, continue to guide my path, and continue to draw me to you.

Not my will, but yours be done.

I pray all these things in Jesus Name, in hope,
Amen

------------------

Well, maybe I have more to write, but writing it down probably won't help anything nor will it change anything., so I'll end this all now.

Pressing on through life,
a follower of Christ,
thebrainkid (aka eeyore)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home