Monday, July 04, 2005

Hey there.

Happy Blow-Things-Up-To-Seem-Patriotic Day, also known as Independence Day.
------------
So, upon reflecting on what I wrote yesterday, I wanted to comment on what I had said.

So, here we go:

Of those three "solutions" to my problematic situation:
1) Figure out how to be happy.
2) Figure out how to stop caring about being happy.
3) Die.
...of those three, I find that I don't know how to do (1), I am not allowed to do anything that would directly bring about (3), so I'm stuck right now to doing (2).

As I've thought about that for the past day, I realized (or remembered) something: There is a way to connect (1) and (2).
[1,2]a) Figure out how to stop caring about being happy in things of this world in an improper way in order to find happiness in the eternal things and in God., and thus to find a proper happiness in things of this world.

-----------------
Recognized: I am a selfish, ignorant jerk.
Recognized: the world in which we live is one which has been built to not focus on God
Recognized: I seek an improper happiness in many things of the world.

To solve these, or at least to confront these, something needs to be done.
--------------

hmm, it's quite interesting to look at the history of asceticism in the church...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home