Wednesday, June 22, 2005

happy thoughts

Man, I sure am a downer... I'll try to be happy right now.

So, I don't find much joy in things. However, I find a lot of joy in little things.
Sometimes, even silly things.

Some things I like, in no particular order:

-Little brainteaser puzzles
-getting new CDs
-knitting hats
-reading the blogs of my friends
-those times in small group when we get really off topic and start talking about "non-Christian" things
-finding pennies in the street
-collecting old containers (like pasta sauce bottles and jars)
-getting new books, Christian or not
-long walks, wandering around Berkeley or Pacifica
-Jelly Belly jelly beans (especially green apple)
-making food that others think is too spicy or salty or bitter etc but that I can handle and enjoy
-when little children and babies smile at me
-finding a new place to sit or lie down while taking walks
-just hanging out with friends, talking about "nothing important"
-wooden pencils
-finding pencils, pens, erasers in classrooms or on the ground around Berkeley
-making things in woodshop
-string cheese
-giving and receiving hugs (I used to do this a lot in high school; too bad that I don't too much anymore)
-really dark chocolate
-having long, meaningful conversations with ppl who are considered "crazy," like homeless ppl or jason :)
-dice
-rock climbing
-soft and cuddly stuffed animals, like my crab and dog
-cast iron cookware
-comics and graphic novels
-tsitsaron (also spelled chicharon),palabok,lechon
-the cartoon show "the weekenders"
-flannel bedcovers
-when ppl remember to put toilet paper with the paper going over the top and coming out in front, not in the back
-chewing gum
-Pixar movies
-the show "get smart"
-the show "good eats"
-Michael Spencer's websites and essays
-DeeDee Warren's websites and essays
-salami and cheddar on saltine crackers
-water guns
-linux
-finishing reading books
-sushi
-orisinal games
-magic tricks
-turtles
-beaches that let you have bonfires
-the reallivepreacher blog
-puppies

OK, i just spent half an hour on that. I'm feeling ... well... not too bad right now. That's nice. OK, time to go to sleep.

Thank you God for all these things. Amen.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. Great list. When you can appreciate the little things you're on the way to happier feelings.

6/22/2005 7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home