Friday, November 02, 2007

AmeriCorps Journal Entry 4: News and updates

Well, things have been going well for me. Here's a short list of what's up:
- Physical training has been going well. Today, I ran ~3 miles (2 1.5 mile stretches) without walking. My legs hurt.
- I started making my kefir here at the base. My mom sent up the starter culture earlier this week.
- And, very importantly, I found out that after Thanksgiving, I am gonna be assigned to a worksite in Bay St. Louis, Mississippi. My team will be working down there with a church building houses.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Robinson said...

Very cool. My son looked into Americorps and Peace Corps after college. I'm glad you found a place to serve. This is the time to do that, it will help in both your spiritual and personal formation. And at age 55 you won't be sitting in front of a TV with your kids wondering what your life would have been if you had done that service work while you were "free". Keep us posted!

11/27/2007 5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home