Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A realization

Today I had an interesting insight. And, I have had it before, in different forms.

I don't care much about the Christian gospel.

I mean, if I really and honestly examine myself, I notice that I care more about "evangelizing" about ...
  • board games,
  • TV shows and movies,
  • cast iron cookware,
  • green technology,
  • "good" politicians,
  • interesting cooking techniques or styles,
  • organic farming and agriculture,
  • Linux and Free Software,

...and whatever else more than I do about the Christian gospel: that Jesus Christ, who is a member of the Triune Godhead, became incarnate, and lived and died and rose again from the dead in order to save sinful man and the rest of His fallen creation from sin, corruption, and death, and that He will come again.

I mean, I know what the gospel is. And, I know about God, about Christianity, about love. But, am I really saturated in the truth and the overwhelming goodness of the gospel, or is it only in my head? Do I really know God; Do I live as a disciple of Christ, loving without and selfishnes or selfcenteredness?

How do I make God more important to me? How do I really develop a satisfaction in Him? How can I make myself truly love Him? How do I develop an obsession for God?

Lord, have mercy on me a sinner. +

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home