Sunday, August 20, 2006

I'm Done!

Well, today (Saturday) was my last scheduled day of working with CMI for the sumer, so I guess now I am done!
----------------
A Prayer request:
So, on Saturdays, CMI goes out into various poor neighborhoods and holds mini sidewalk sunday schools. Today, I found out that one of the girls who comes out to our sunday school events, named Zaire, lost her father earlier in the week. Her father had been shot and killed on last Thursday. I don't know much more than that. I found out about this when I was playing with the little kids while we were setting up for the sunday school. A little girl, maybe 5 or 6, was with me playing on the slides on a nearby playground, and she informed me of what had happened.

Please pray for Zaire and her sister Shajanae and the rest of their family as tehy go through this time of mourning. And also pray for their continued well-being and for God's watch and care over them.

Pray also for the poor neighborhoods and those individuals who make up the neighborhoods, that God would work in them and save them.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Robinson said...

Lord have mercy. It is wierd how much more evil means to us when we are personally connected to its victims and it is not just pictures and stories on paper or in sound bites on the radio/TV.

8/20/2006 8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home