Monday, May 02, 2005

On physical qualities...

Damn, I look goofy.

No, seriously. Whenever I look at a picture of myself, I think "Man, I hate the way I look!"

I mean, Either I look overweight, or maybe just a little too husky, or perhaps too dark, or not enough, or Standing/sitting/lying in a bad position, or whatever else.

Like, when I look at others, I see thin ppl or tall ppl, who have their beauty in their thin-ness or height. Also, there are Fat ppl or short ppl, who have some cuteness and cuddlyness about them as a result of their roundness or, well, smallness. And I happen to be in the middle of this all, or so I would say about myself.

In case you are curious, I bring this up because I was just looking at some pictures of a friend on a xanga. (No, I won't tell you which friend.) And as I looked at those pictures, even still, despite the static nature of pictures and the not-so-great quality of the pics, her beauty still shone through.

And that's amazing.

Now, I don't say this with any attraction in mind. No, this one is strictly a friend. And yet, ...

I really don't know how to describe it, other than to say that there's something that just glows about her in pictures of her, not to mention how this is oh-so-very more true in real life.

As for me, I find myself, looking at myself, and thinking, "Well, at least I've got brains and personality..." hehe

So, what is there to say? What must I say about my lack of aesthetic beauty?

"Thank you God for making me so ... well, to be quite honest... so ugly, because as such I truly do appreciate the beauty of your creation in others around me. Lord, help me to never ever become conceited in any physical aspect of myself, just as I often get conceited in the mental aspects of myself, but rather to ... rejoice... in this weakness of mine. Lord, I pray that when ppl look at me, that they would be able to look past the husky filipino that I look like and rather that they would be able to see the beauty of you in me."

Oh, God and please make this the last post I ever, ever write about the way I look. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home