Monday, September 26, 2005

Random thoughts...

I have realized...

------------

Very few of my thoughts are original or very well thought out. Much of what I do, much of what I believe, is simply the result of me looking at what other people believe, and rejecting that in favor of what a seemingly educated or authoritative minority say about such things. I don't know if this is good or bad...

-------------

I really like eastern orthodoxy. The more I look at it, the more I see a lot of truth in it. There are only a few things that I don't know if I agree with, like their views of the virgin Mary.

-------------

When I get depressed, my mind is usually focused on certain topics and questions. When I am out of depression, those topics and questions are still there, unsolved and unanswered, but simply just out of mind. I wonder if perhaps I should try to deal with some of these issues, instead of simply ignoring them.

-------------

most of my friends would reject most of my recent theological thoughts as quite heretical, just because they bear some resemblance to roman catholic beliefs and doctrines.

-------------

As time progresses, I can't seem to keep close friends.

-------------

I still don't know why I am doing school.

-------------

I don't love God nearly enough. I still reject him everyday, in my actions and in my thoughts. And, yet he is still merciful.

-------------

The church fathers are great sources of inspiration in living life in pursuit of God.

-------------

...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home