Sunday, June 10, 2007

News and Updates

Well, I'm still around.

I just got back from a weekend retreat to this monastery with some men from my church. It was a good time of examining my life and my relationship to God. I learned a lot about what healthy spirituality can look like, about healthy masculinity, and what serving others in love is like. It was a very helpful experience, and I am considering spending a few weeks there later in the year.

Lord, have mercy on me, a sinner. I still need a lot of God's grace.

---

In a few days I have jury duty. We'll see how that goes.

In a few weeks, I'll ship off to be a counselor at a summer camp near Dunlap. I'll be doing that for almost the whole month of July.

---
A few prayer requests:
-Please pray for me, that I would not let what I have learned at this retreat to go to waste.
-Please pray for my time as a camp couselor, that it might be a fruitful and God-glorifying time.
-Please pray for those people who are moving to a new stage of their lives right now. Many are going from Junior High to High School, or from High School to College, or from College to the Working World. And, many of these transitions are difficult. Please pray for all of us.

Also, a special prayer request for a very good friend of mine. She's dealing with a major transition (or a few transitions) in life right now. Pray that God helps her be where she is supposed to be in all aspects in her life.

Lord have mercy on us all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Robinson said...

I hope you had time with Fr. Jonah. I certainly enjoyed my time there. Brother John (Jeremy) is my step son. I wish I knew you were going, I'd have had you say HI to him for me.
Thanks for the recommendation of OLiC. Our series of interviews with Fr. Jonah are some of our most popular downloads right now.

6/14/2007 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home